Ever Present Curiosity

I like to stone.

Monday, October 16, 2006

Birthday wish list

The days fly by, the months roll past, and the year comes full circle. So much has happened and so much has changed, and yet at the same time some things never change. Its only natural I suppose. Anyway as the years roll by it truly shows you how things never get easier but in fact all the more harder. Every year its not just the same challenges all over but new hurdles to overcome which is also, as I've come to learn, very normal. So what’s not normal? Well so far, nothing.

Its a bit too early to do the I'm-1-year-older-so-its-time-to-reflect-on-the-year thingy. So as the title says, I'm going to post my wish list! Bear in mind its a wish list so naturally it might be a bit unreasonable and pricey (aren't they always?). So with that aside let’s move on.

  1. Money!! Cash!! Moolah!! This has to be the number one wish for every one because having money rather than an actual gift offers so much more flexibility. (think upgrading computer)
  2. A clone computer with my designated specs! Mine doesn't look too shabby but its time to ditch the MOBO of the past and move on to a PCI Conroe supporting motherboard! Along with a top notch PCI card and an 17"/19" LCD screen.
  3. MP3 player! Gosh this has been something I wanted for years but as you know I'm damn poor. Never could afford all these gadgets. 1-2 GB MP3 player will do.
  4. Hmm...thinking hard now. Moving on to something cheaper. Anime! Whatever anime I don't have and you do, burn for me for free! Oh and please burn it on DVDs. I want Shaman King, Mai HiMe/Otome, Tsubasa Chronicles, and many more (ask me faster now I lazy to think *look at the time! @@ yawn*)
  5. Really thinking hard now...something that people can actually afford for me. Oh yes! Manga! I want the full Bleach manga. If you are rich and generous buy the coloured ones with English translations. Other titles I like are like Rurouni Kenshin, Full Metal Panic, Full Metal Alchemist, and many more! (Hint: I don't mind if you spoil the surprise, if you don't know what to buy, just drag me to a manga store like the 1 in MidValley :P
  6. Since I ran out of ideas (truly I don't ask for much, but what I ask for are really pricey hehe) a surprise! Erm...be it a simple dinner with friends, a gathering to watch a movie, a little get together to yak like nobody's business like how we used to...*sigh* don't you just miss those days?
  7. Successful completion of my degree 2nd year with no failures and at least maintain GPA of 2.5 to 3. I know I've done quite bad in certain subjects, but I did do reasonably well in some others. Fingers crossed I'll pass every subject; this is truly 1 of my greatest wishes.
  8. Hmm...get a part time job related to my field during the 2 months holiday? Maybe I should apply for an internship. I wonder if there are 2 month internships... I'll be away from my computer for very long and I think I'll miss everything. Just realized I've never been away for long on my own.
  9. Find that 1 elusive person that has been missing all these years of my life! Call me despo, call me odd, but even my parents are starting to worry why I've don't have a special someone right now. You know they actually think I've had girl friends. (used to talk a lot on the phone with Siew Chin and Yen Yee last time) Funny thing is, I've been single all my life. Okay maybe its not funny, its sad actually but meh I got used to it. Not exactly a birthday wish though but more like its someone I hope I can meet in the coming year. (I can already hear the yells and jeers calling me despo)
  10. Well it wasn't mean to be "my 10 greatest birthday wish list" but last but not least I wish I can find my true calling in life. Its been bugging me for years and every now and then the doubts about what I've been doing or if the path I have chose is the right one and I truly wish I can find that one thing that can motivate me and drive me to strive to work towards it. A goal that is ever elusive, ever out of reach. Will it come anytime soon? I really don't think I can wait any longer...


Well there you have it, that’s all for today. It’s been a tiring day so I'll just go browse some forums and then get some sleep.

P.S. I'm not exactly telling people who read this to comply with the wish list, as I've said its rather unreasonable. But if you are generous, I will be eternally grateful. :D
P.P.S The wish list is not in order of preference. I post my blog entries on the spot, so its something I gradually thought of.

Signing out, oyasumi.

5 Comments:

At 12:32 AM, Blogger YingYang@QS said...

wish granted, you have a year left to live :D

 
At 12:54 AM, Blogger Denster said...

true calling.... NUMBER 10?! wtf... it should be number 1 / 2 / 3 for you :p

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger UltimaHunter said...

no la...read finish only shoot me la :( i said not in order of preference ma.

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger Denster said...

hahah my bad my bad :p good luck with the true calling part especially!

 
At 5:04 AM, Blogger StarrY said...

Haha, Happy Birthday!!! =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home