Ever Present Curiosity

I like to stone.

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Of birthdays and gatherings

Looks like I've been neglecting my blog again =\ I assure its not due to laziness, I'm just a bit busy and I don't really have much to blog about anyway.

Anyway have you ever wondered why people make so much fuss about birthdays? I for one have always thought it funny how people view birthdays. To me its just another day, it comes and it goes, nothing really changes in you. I mean the instance you turn from say 18 to 19 is there a change? Physically? Don't think so. Mentally? This is even improbable, its like saying you get a mental break down the moment the clock strikes 12, or whatever hour and minute of the day your birthday is. (mine happens to be around 12pm, don't ask me why I just remember it after finding out) Call me cynical, call me spoilsport or no fun. But I really don't see how getting officially 1 year older is going to change anything, with the exception of getting watch certain movies when your 18 and allowed to go into a bar when you are 21.

Well basically what I'm trying to say is, I find it hard to answer questions that have been asked the last few weeks. Such as "What are you going to do for your birthday? Throw a party? Celebrate with your friends?" These are things I don't really consider. Throw a party? Not my thing. Celebrate with my friends? Its up to them though I don't think they will bother either. So whats left is spending it like any other normal day and have your own birthday pass you by. Is that sad? Not particularly for me, really. Its been that way for years, nobody ever bothers to celebrate with me or throw parties for me so I've come to terms with the fact that nobody thinks its important and in time I've gradually adopted that mentality. Birthdays? Well I'd celebrate my friends' birthday if I was invited to or even plan something if it was a close friend. If you think that contradicts what I said about birthdays being not important to me, I meant mine, not others. If its a good/best friend and I think he deserves to have a birthday bash in his honor then certainly I will have some ideas in mind.

Anyways, birthdays wishes...haha I posted on that a few weeks back. To be honest the only thing I like about my birthdays is my relatives who have no kids of their own take it seriously and I get like red packets and birthday gifts haha. My parents themselves could care less >_> some parents huh? This year is the only year they got me something, but its a nice new phone so I guess that compensates for all those years without presents. :) Yea I'm pretty easy to satisfy. So yea, you can ignore my extravagant and draconian demands. *sob*

Now gatherings are different though. I've always loved gatherings :D but when it comes to school gatherings I'm always left out :'( Guess I'm not that well liked. My rather direct and honest approach in voicing my oppinions seem to alienate some people. Sad la :'(

Anyways we had our 2nd staff gathering (don't ask me what staff, secret :P) 2 weeks back. I was too preoccupied to blog then so I'm doing it now. Had dinner at Saisaki, movie at night watching "The Convenant" (don't watch this it sucks, dragonball wannabes *faints*) We had a great time. I'll blog in detail in my next post along with a picture of the gathering. Gotta go study for test tomorrow.

Jana!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home