Ever Present Curiosity

I like to stone.

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Because I have writer's block again

Yeah not like I don't wanna update or anything, but I just can't seem to put what has been going on for the past month or so into words. Suffice to say it wasn't a pleasant experience. Assignments ended, FYP ended, exam is next week, and FYP presentation should be after that.


Assignments weren't a whole lot of problem, except that AWMM just spelled FUBARED for me since I know nuts about My SQL, PHP, or Flex for that matter. Is that an excuse for not being able to do my part? Well some people will always be inclined to think of problems like these as excuses, so me telling you would be really pointless. Never mind that, I still got FYP that I believe I seriously FUBARED too. So what's not? Anything that is not related to my studies I guess, even some of those can get pretty screwy at times. But hey why complain? Life isn't meant to be a fluffy bed of flowers, and will never be.


Err what else...oh let's talk about the writer's block. Some people are wondering, what on Earth I'm writing? I think I explained a few posts back but never mind I'll just recap here. I've been involving myself in the writing scene again, particularly writing original characters and fanfiction on the Nanoha series, some of my friends would know what that is. Check Starry's block for an intro on the Nanoha anime series. That being said I've been working on a 4th character and I got stuck writing her history, of course everything is made up la despite the fact that this char is based on another. I've been working more on my own cast of chars before I start going for the meat of my story, though PF has started working deep into his story. He currently has over 20k word count for all his chapters so far. *rolls eyes*


Is it fun writing stories you say? Its the same as asking a CS freak whether blowing virtual heads off everyday is fun. In other words, what works for me may not work for you, try it out yourself to find out if you like writing. But if you wanna know what I think then yes, I find it a lot more interesting than trying to figure out the ASP code for one shit or another. I think I said this before, but IT was seriously the stupidest choice of my life, not that saying that now is going to change anything.


Like I said really, I'm not really sure what I want to talk about. I've caught a kind of slump lately, and I just go on with the days not really knowing what I want to do, other than slacking all day. Exams don't even worry me anymore, thanks to "tips". I'll probably start introducing some of this season's new anime to my friends who don't really frequent anime blogs. For starters, if you don't mind watching mecha then do watch Gundam 00. It seriously kicks Gundam Seed in the butt with its superiority. Then if you like fantasy watch Shana II, though old time fans would be put off by the slower pace of the story build up this time. I know cuz every week yum cha I hear Starry complaining. XD If you are a fan of KyoAni and Key's works, you'll want to watch CLANNAD, slated to be even more epic than Kanon 2006. If you want something simple and fun, there's Ninomiya-kun, Rental Magica, and Night Wizard.


There's a lot more really, I have almost more than half of this season's offerings in my to watch list, and that's breaking a personal record. I'll be starting with Gundam 00 I guess, then moving down slowly down the popularity ladder. You just might find something you like that not many other people are watching. ;)

2 Comments:

At 6:20 PM, Blogger Denster said...

Writer's block simply means it's time to go out and do something interesting, or read/watch/play something new, to get the inspiration to go back and write something great :D (hey, even if it doesn't work, at least it's a good excuse to have a good time *wink*). Maybe it's also due to stress - when we are stressed to write, we tend to lack ideas and all, but if we are stressed on something else (like a date, assignment or something), we tend to be more open to writing (sorta like to 'escape', in a "self distract" way from our problems?)

DEATH TO WRITER'S BLOCK!!!

 
At 5:12 AM, Blogger UltimaHunter said...

Well there's the stress with assignments and stuff, then there's also just a general lack of ideas at them moment. =\

 

Post a Comment

<< Home