Ever Present Curiosity

I like to stone.

Sunday, September 02, 2007

The number

I've always wondered about this verse when I'm reminded or happen to read it.

"Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is 666."

Now why 666? My Bible knowledge sucks so I really don't know. In any case I've been reading 666 Satan, a manga many Christians would consider heresy. Basically the devil has been defeated and somehow sealed within the body of a boy.

The boy becomes evil incarnate whenever the spirit of the devil takes over. Destroying cities, killing, and atrocities; merely for the fun of it. But when you think of it, there are humans who are like that. So in a sense saying that the number of the beast is that of man, isn't really that far off if you ask me.

Speaking of which, I've always wondered about why the Harry Porter series is considered material not suitable for Christians too. I've up to the 4th volume but didn't go any further due to the fact that the plot just didn't intrigue me much. Or maybe its the English used, somehow it felt like it was targeting a much younger audience, and that I wasn't really what I liked to read. But anyway, I didn't feel that it was bad in any way, maybe I'm just clueless? Someone care to enlighten me?

By the way I don't want anyone to be mistaken that I'm into occults and stuff, because thats what people seem to call it. On a side note, I've heard of people calling themselves satanist but that they don't worship Satan. Whats the deal with that? As I was saying, I like to read up stuff that pique my interest because every single thing I read can help improve my general knowledge. I'm also trying to read a lot, but poor me can't afford a lot of books, and my favourite genre of books (fantasy) isn't been very inspirational and awe inspiring lately.

I'm working on a little fanfiction for an anime title I've watched, as a little writing project of mine. Been planning it for awhile, and doing some reading up and trying to write up my own original characters. Why? Well I'm interested in exploring whether I have talent in writing or not. Who knows, I might get to write for Otakuzone on the Sunday Star newspaper. Of course, I'm just interested, don't think I'll be able to get anywhere there soon though.

Oh why has this post gone longer than I thought it should? hmmm....I guess I'm long winded..Oh well bye-bee~~

P.S: Anime recommendation: Rozen Maiden! <--cute anime (why the heck did the story just end without a resolution...sigh...damn Peach-Pit making their fans sad)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home