Ever Present Curiosity

I like to stone.

Sunday, December 09, 2007

Questions, questions, and more questions

Its strange really, how I don't blog more despite having more time in this holiday period I have at the moment. The funny thing is sometimes I feel that even though its a holiday, I don't really feel I have all that much time, yet at times I just don't know what to do with my time. I've fallen into a sort of slump and I just haven't been able to think of how to write my stuff lately. I've got a stack of PS2 games that are unfinished, but yet can't get into the mood of finishing them off. I've finished Tales of the Abyss however, but I still play it even though the story is just the same, only that the 2nd play through gives extra stuffs like a new dungeon.

Questions, one seems to ask them all the time. Indeed I realize that life is ultimately a series of questions and so often answers don't come easily. Sometimes one thinks that one has managed to find the answer to a particular question but with it came more questions. Its like an endless loop, a vicious cycle. Having said that, what is it that is plaguing my thoughts? What new questions have I realized or seen in front of me that demands my answer? Well, a lot actually.

Firstly, having exit a stage and preparing to enter the next, I ask myself if I'm prepared. I've thought long and hard, and don't think I'm adequately equip to join the work force at all. I could probably pinpoint many of my own faults, yet the next question is how do I remedy those faults? Do I have the knowledge or the means? That, after so long, I still don't know. A slew of questions follow: Do I know what line of job will go well with me? Can I succeed in that line? What are the unspoken things that I should know of? How do I handle all the new work and responsibility and still have enough time daily to indulge myself in my own hobbies? I have no answers to any of these at the moment and it seems very likely I'll just have to go into the frying pan unprotected. Probably my only comfort is that this time I'm being cautious and not jumping into it blindly.

I suppose some people I know are already working and will start hanging their nose up in the air and start looking down on me, wondering why I'm still bumming at home. It doesn't matter really, their opinions don't count. Such insulting scum can rot away in a graveyard for all I care. I for one believe that the time off has done me some good. I got to have a nice long break, which I probably won't be able to get anymore once I get shackled to working life. I've got to watch my anime and play my games, much needed relaxation after a year that has been far from pleasant for me.

Speaking of anime, I really think people should start seeing it as 'cartoons' and realize that it is a lot better than that. My mum came in the other day, and was complaining about it saying it gets addictive and stuff (huh?!). Look who's talking, the one who's addicted to watching dramas. I even dare go as far as to say anime is a lot better than those stupid dramas she watches. Why some are them are so mind boggling my eyes start to spin, figuratively of course. The presentation is so much better than the average cliche Hong Kong drama, or your everyday boring Korean romance (some aren't so bad and some are actually good, but they get really generic after you watch a few). The emotion often is reliant on the art, and very often the particular art style portrays the emotions way better than real actors can.

Having said that, and having finish watching Jigoku Shoujo, as well as watching one of this season's offering in "ef ~ a tale of memories". ef is one of those emotional rollercoaster type of anime (I suppose that's how I'd put it). Jigoku Shoujo at first felt over-hyped for me. I didn't understand why people recommended it, that was the first few episodes. But I stuck to it, why? Because strangely, I gradually got interested in it, and really it was morbid fascination, what with the premise and concept that it presented. I guess I could talk about those 2 series some other day, right now I want to ask, how far would you go to get back at someone that has wronged you? Did said person even do anything that warrants retaliation, or is it just for your own selfish reason?

It got me thinking, sometimes when one is faced with a problem or a question, it is only all too logical for one to want to pick the easiest answer or solution, often without considering many things. Yes its true that sometimes there's no need to complicate things and do unnecessary stuff. But too often the easiest solution or answer, is the furthest from being the best solution. I attest to this, as I have myself on many occasions look for the easiest way out. I didn't think things through, and some time later regret my choice or decision. However, driven to a corner, humans sometimes resort to the worst sort of solution, especially when its readily offered to them, without much thought. That, I find, is an extremely scary thing. Should one be offered a chance to do away with someone that is the recipient of one's hatred, I think likely it would be taken. But hatred, its not even something that is objective. Hatred takes different forms, and one can hate another not because one has been wrong, but simply hate for all the wrong reasons.

Questions, so many of them, but so little answers. I wonder how some people even survive sometimes and can understand why some people get so stressed out that they break down.

That's just the way our world is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home