Ever Present Curiosity

I like to stone.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Things to think about

I find it ironic that when I'm finally done with my work I feel kinda restless and really don't know what to do. At least work kept me occupied, though I was really stressed for the past week or so. Anyway, things have happened that really put a lot of things into perspective. For one, corporate bullying does exist, never doubt that. However, the things that happened have made me realized that I'm a lot more hardworking than I give myself credit for. Still waiting till the last minute is not good work ethic so I'll have to pace the speed of my workload better.

You know, sometimes when you think life is great and you've settled nicely, something just happens and slaps you in the face, waking you back to the harshness of life and reality. Take money for instance, one will like to think that "oh I only spend so little so I'll be able to save quite a bit." But anything can happen, get a bit clumsy and kiss a car's rear with the front of yours and you can say sayonara to a nice chunk of your salary. Things do happen; we humans are imperfect after all. We make mistakes or people might make mistake and we pay the price for it regardless.

Last Friday, I finally finish my designated workload. It feels really good when the stress and pressure you feel for the past two weeks just lift off your shoulders like that. The sensation is as if you were being choked and could finally breath again. Of course, I was naive to think that I was home free. My boss decided it was time for me to learn how to write something else. I thought to myself "fine, why not", since I welcome challengers like that. And so my boss had the one who I shall thus forth refer to as the "Slug", pass me some of his work. This accomplishes a few things; give me more work, clear some of the Slug's work, and of course hasten the completion of the mag. Lo and behold when I got back to the office, the Slug passed me not a small portion (which is only right since you should always break new work in slowly) but a large chunk of his work. In fact, there was a whole stack I had to go through, summarize, then write.

Now my initial reaction was "wtf!?" and you bet I was immediately pissed. Who gives a rat's ass who the Slug is? I'm covering for him just because the boss said to "pass some" to me. I'm not obligated to cover his ass just because the shitty Slug couldn't be bothered to work faster. So what? He does less work I do more. Oh fine, I know how it goes now. You would have seen a thundercloud in my office that day. Thanks to that, I was forced to work on Sunday just so I get the necessary amount of time to finish it off. Guess what? As of today, I'm done with my work and the Slug is still writing. But then, what do you expect from a Slug?

And why is the Slug even slower than a normal slug? Because this Slug comes back to the office on Sunday not to work but to play TF2! Oh yes! How hardworking! No Streamyx at home? GET ONE DUMBASS! I'm paying for my own Streamyx connection and my salary is a lot less compared to his. Computer specs not good? Save up money and upgrade! Shit the Slug and his companion are treating the office like their own house and playground.

Argh! Thinking about it still pisses me off. And to be honest this wasn't what I had in mind when I started this post. I wanted to post about something else. But since I'm still not so sure if I understand things well enough, I'll mull over the other matter a little longer. For now, I'll think of how to get a voodoo doll with a strand of Slug hair in it and stuff it with needles till it looks like a hedgehog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home