Ever Present Curiosity

I like to stone.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Life so far, more adapting to do

A few months ago I started working at a web hosting company and naively believed that I could last at least one year; getting experience and the bonus for next year before running off. Life however, is never that kind. And I was once more taught the harsh truth of painful reality.

Long ago, I've learn that what you can imagine can never beat experiencing something first hand. Especially when it comes to moving on to a new stage of life and a different environment. The prime example being graduating from college to go into the work force. After the bad experience of working on rotating shifts and as a customer service officer, I can safely tell you that dealing with people is definitely not my thing, especially if I have to deal with all the false accusations and stupidity that abounds.

Still it doesn't mean that I didn't appreciate what I've learned there, one must be grateful after all. It was a rough ride as far as I can tell you and every day I felt like going home before half the day has passed. It was a lesson learned, that some things just don't work; especially if it doesn't fit your interest.

In any case, I'm now in a company that publishes IT magazines. So now I can tell people, "I'm from the media!" Really, just over a year ago if you tell me I'd have my face in a magazine, I'd laugh at you. But now, I'm not so sure (argh! how can I show my ugly face in a magazine!?) Now when you consider that I'm really a bum that dislikes labor, you'll wonder how I can work in such a high pressure environment, the media and publishing industry, with it's deadlines. Seriously, I dunno. I now still wonder how long I'll last.

Now that my writing will finally gain exposure, I can't help but feel worried. As some of you should know, I have an issue with confidence. That is to say I have really low confidence. So just like usual, I finish my draft then I have a dilemma. "Any problems with it? Spelling mistakes? Sentence structuring problems?" Since I don't get to use MS office here (one of the few MS software that I'd actually prefer over the other free source ones), and I don't have it at home either after my systems partition got wiped (story for another day).

Oh well...running out of things to talk about. Somehow my brain just doesn't function well when I have a headache. Ciao...

----------------
Now playing: T.M.Revolution - vestige-VESUTIIJI-
via FoxyTunes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home