Ever Present Curiosity

I like to stone.

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Frustrations

For the past week, I've been feeling more and more disillusioned about the job. I don't think I'm really doing a good job on it. There's the motivation and interest factor again at play here again. Suffice to say, more than 1 month into the job I don't find myself interested nor motivated. I've also made a couple of rather careless mistakes, which might have minus some points with my employers.

Another issue is that, I've minus quite some points of for this company itself, not only because of the above factors on interest and motivation. But I feel that I'm not really treated right here. I was told my December slip (though I only worked 1 week in December 2007) would be included in the January slip, it wasn't. In fact, I haven't been paid for my work in December. Granted I didn't actually "work" per say cuz I was still under training, but heck you employ me and I expect to be paid. Also, I can't seem to get used to the people here. Sure we get along, but that's about it. I dunno, it just doesn't feel right here.

I've said I would do my best to fight out a year. But its looking increasingly unlikely. I've learned my lesson once and that is, if things don't work out, don't force it. I'm looking for a new job now. And I pray that I will find one where I can really settle into.

I know its really soon, but lets not drag things out and make myself look bad here. It won't work for everyone. I don't want to continue making careless mistakes, nor do I want to work in an environment that doesn't work for me. I also don't want to stay and leave a bad impression for the people in this company.

For once I dare say I'm not choosing the easy way out. I believe my reasons are very valid. It might affect this company's business if I make mistakes like that. So rather than cause trouble for people, I should stop. Fact is, dealing with people isn't my strong suite. Never has, never will be.

What do you guys think?

3 Comments:

At 9:07 AM, Blogger glo teng said...

what are u working as now?

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger UltimaHunter said...

hi gloria. im working as a online technical support staff. basically just a dumbed down version of what a call center does. emails are a lot easier to deal with than phone calls. though it doesnt change the fact that im not a very good people person.

 
At 11:54 PM, Blogger StarrY said...

If you plan to look for another tech support job you will probably end up working shift as well.

Banks are good choice for tech support jobs actually...

Well, not really sure what type of jobs you like but go to JobStreet. Just sign up and look around for the available jobs, they really have a wide range of choices.

Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home