Ever Present Curiosity

I like to stone.

Sunday, January 27, 2008

There's a saying that goes "you know you are getting old, when you start telling grandfather/grandmother stories". And if one were to adhere to the literal meaning of the term, then I'm seriously getting on in my age.

Putting that aside, I attended a little outing between old mods yesterday evening, and though the numbers were low I have to admit I enjoyed myself immensely. In fact, I'd say the low attendance made it possible for everyone to talk to one another, no one was left out of conversations, which IMO is a very good thing.

6 of us were there including Edenz, Starry, Menzo, Sexbomb, Denster, and of course me. Lots of things were discussed, and its quite amazing that though we all voice our dissatisfaction with how things ultimately become, all we did was look back, talk about it, and laughed as though we were looking from a distance. Maybe there were some sense of regret and disappointment at one time or another regarding some issues, but we were all adults and old enough to let bygones be bygones. It was very refreshing in a sense.

Why talk about old times? Lets put it this way, old times are in the past. Realizing that a part of your past has been the most enjoyable period of time in your life, one can't help but want to relive it or talk about it. Hence the saying "going down the memory lane". I'd like to say though that the only thing I miss about the old days of Blueserver, was the tight knit group of gamers and friends I made. We always looked after each other's backs, and wouldn't hesitate to speak up whenever one of us made a mistake. Though then all we do is see what the other types with a keyboard, we felt that the way they carry themselves and their words alone, made them worthy friends.

That sadly, is no longer the case. For the record, I'm not considering going back nor contributing whatsoever. Even back then my contributions were not publicized, I worked more with my fellow mods. I helped during meetings, to brainstorm ideas, etc. Back during the early days, I spotted people and took one or two people in, or I recommended them. They in turn took other people in, and what I called the First Generation was formed.

But now I have a job, and its unexpectedly taking a lot of my time than I thought it would. I've never appreciated free time as much as I do now. Simply because I don't even have much free time on weekends. So yeah, I've got all my other forums to visit, my own hobbies and interest. Blueserver just doesn't come anywhere near my list of priority. It's not even taking a back seat, its taken a nose dive into the depths of the Pacific. And I wouldn't want it any other way. :)

Here's a salute to the First Generation, we were the best, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home