Ever Present Curiosity

I like to stone.

Monday, December 29, 2008

Time sure...

"Flies! Yeah I know I know!" Well pardon the cliche and overused phrase but with the new year just over the corner, I can't help but feel that the year seriously blink passed without me really holding much of it in memory. 2008 has been an eventful year and yet were you to ask me what part of it was the most significant I can't really tell you. If I were force to make a choice, I suppose me going into the publishing/media industry and joining my current company will be the most significant one; in more ways than one, my life had changed and is still continuing to change I believe.

In 2008 I became part of the media and found that I loved the industry very much (even though my job could be really stressful), never mind the fact that it is largely unrelated to what I've studied all these years; my parents don't mind and that's the most important thing. I met lots of new people, especially some I've come to consider really close friends. I found more people who were passionate about the same things that I'm passionate about and it made me feel that I had found kindred spirits. I also got to attend events and press launches, traveled to other states in Malaysia and gone on a wonderful company trip. All these and yet unless I sit down and contemplate, I really wouldn't feel that I've accomplish anything this year.

I've also rediscovered love and became so smitten with a really wonderful girl, so much so that I know I'll be heart broken when I do eventually hear the negative answer I'm starting to believe I will get. Sometimes I think to myself about what I've missed out on all these years. I've kept my distance with people and I found I became a very dull and unhappy person. But because I've also rediscovered the pains and uncertainties that comes with these feelings that I realize why I've kept to myself all this while; it truly is a dilemma I won't come to understand anytime soon.

I've started working and earn my own money, as well as understood that with it came a lot of new responsibilities. Now I have finances to take care of like my traveling expenses, daily meals, overtimes, and I have to start paying my study loan off soon. Plus, I need to watch how much I spend every month now; I need to make sure I save money consistently, spend my money wisely, and also know when to indulge once in awhile. In truth, I've managed to cope but I do know now how tough it is to live in today's society without a job and an income. That said, I truly wish I could get a better pay but circumstances (as well as people) dictates otherwise.

Honestly if you ask me, what's good about 2008 and what's bad? I really don't know. All I know is I see 2009 looming over the horizon and I hope that things will continue to become better, not worse. In my heart, I do wish that some things will go my way and that one if not some or all of my current wishes will be fulfilled; this one greatest wish of mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home