Ever Present Curiosity

I like to stone.

Monday, September 10, 2007

A fishy outing

Today I went out with a few people for dinner at Sunway Pyramid's Sushi King. Its funny how i readily agree to go out and eat at places like that with them, when I really can't afford to spend that much money. But heck its promotional period, and you don't just get to eat sushi everyday, unless you have someone at home who can make some. Yum yum!

The day was pretty boring really, the outing was probably the only thing worth noting about today. Its funny how I keep relying on an alarm clock to wake me up, when I'll just switch it off the moment it goes off. Kinda beats the purpose of having one isn't it? Every morning it goes off at the time I set, I'll let the MP3 I set as the alarm play for awhile if I half awake and it'll go into snooze mode soon, then I carry on sleeping till 10 minutes later when it sounds again. Or the alarm will wake me up from my "sleeping log" mode, I'll switch it straight off, and sleep for most likely another hour or so.

Sleep hasn't been regular for a long time, and I hope it doesn't become a problem when I start working. Sometimes I sleep 4-5 hours, and thats enough. Other times I'll wake up after 8-10 hours of sleep and I'll feel sleepy again very soon. Then every now and then I just can't sleep no matter how I toss and turn, and I just end up finding something to do to pass the time that's usually spent sleeping.

So I woke up, washed up, and switched the computer on. Its become a routine really. I have the computer on regardless whether I have something to do or not. Its when I find that there is really nothing to do, that I'll either try to find something to do or I'll just go some games on my PS2 console. Mind you I've yet to complete quite a number of games, and sometimes I wonder when I'll get to them. It's not that I got bored of them, though that happens sometimes, but I don't wanna finish it too quickly cuz I don't wanna keep buying new games whenever I finish the ones I'm playing.

Today I just decided I wanted to relax, and start going hardcore on my FYP stuff tomorrow. So I thought "why not work on my story?" Well, why not indeed. Writing I find, is a lot harder than it is. Especially coming up with a story on your own. You wanna know which writing and story presentation style best suits a genre. You wanna know what level of vocabulary and English would you like to use, to cater to that genre and your targeted readers. You'd wanna think of original or innovative plot devices, theme of story, or concepts that will keep people interested. Its a lot of work really, and I have to read a lot and do some research here and there just to accumulate general knowledge that might be useful and interesting to add into a story.

I started thinking of writing a fanfiction based on an anime over 2 months ago, and believe me or not I've just only completed writing the profiles of four originally created characters. I'll have to give them names, and give them personality. I'll dictate how they think and act, because their my characters. Then I'll have to balance that with the canon characters of the original story itself, if I do decide to include them (which I will), and that would require excellent understanding of the characters themselves.

Some people probably aren't interested in these stuff so I'll digress. In any case, its only the first draft. I'll probably post it up on a forum where people are doing character creations for that anime, and hopefully I don't get bombed too bad. Its important that a character isn't overpowered in action stories. But in all honesty I've always been told my characters are more underpowered than overpowered hehe.

Waited till 6:50pm before I left the house. Traffic jam wouldn't be that big of a problem for me anyway with the route I'm taking. Of course the set back is a total of RM 3.20 worth of toll fee back and forth. Got to Pyramid around 7:20pm and waited for the others. The queue was quite long, but I spotted Tracy near the front so I wasn't worried. I decided to wait for the slow pokes who always call people to come early but end up being the ones who are late. ^o^

By the time they came we got our seats and went in to start enjoying our RM2 per plate feast of sushi! We didn't get the seating next to the conveyor belt where they put the sushi like the last time, so it was pretty tedious to get our food. Having to stand next to the conveyor belt and waiting for the plate we want to come around. The salmon seems to be highly popular and yet there always seemed to be enough. Can't say the same for the unagi though, and ironically I don't really find it that tasty. It was a bit crazy when people started to stand around, waiting to pounce on the unagi. Then the staff annoyingly take 2 trays worth of them and hide them somewhere for who knows why.

Dinner was good overall, and our conversations mostly were about the food. Let me tell you though, talking about food can be rather boring at times. *o* Oh the thing I found interesting was the little boy sitting behind Shannon. He was at most 5 years old, and had a cute hairstyle. What I found funny was that he kept poking his head through the gap in the partition behind Jason and Shannon. I kept thinking "wahaha those 2 got a kid already." XD Too bad I couldn't snap a picture of him. He kept hiding whenever I took my phone out. *sigh* Kids these days, sometimes they are so clever.

We took a short walk around after dinner to digest our food. But by then most of the shops were already closing so we didn't really go anywhere, and of course Tracy wouldn't let Edenz anyway near the arcade. Nyahaha! Its amazing how people like to go to the arcade really, I find it a waste of time and money.

Went home after that, and I'm once again on the computer. I'll probably have nothing to do again after this blog post. *sigh* When I start working I'm gonna take Japanese language lessons at night to keep me occupied. Better that than stoning in front of the PC I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home